2017 certainly was a transformative year for us as we shifted our focus from playing live to studio productions:
- We started the film project MAD WORLD MOVIE in cooperation with ANNA AJTNER starring her daughter SANDRA in February, and it took us eight months to complete (published on October 7th).
- In April we went to the magical CAN-STUDIO in Gronau (Deutsches Rock'n Popmuseum) where and filmed for the movie. We also made a couple of recordings: Listen to "Letting go" and "Crystal Ship" with that the grand sound on Soundcloud, mixed and engineered by Andreas Grotenhoff (Click on the photo below to open!) Those may have even been the lasting recordings in the famous KRAUT studio, because it has been closed and taken down in September 2017 with a yet uncertain future.
- We played LIVE at FLUGPLATZ HAMM in May. Not so funny: There was a bomb threat in the city centre right before our concert. You can see two short clips of the concert made with a COPTER from a bird's eye perspective in Mad World Movie. Thank you to ANDREAS G. MANTLER for providing those for free!
- In June we continued filming in Holland and went back to FOX MUSIC STUDIOS in West Germany. There we recorded vocal overdubs to FIRST WE TAKE MANHATTAN and MAD WOLRD for the movie sound track, mixed and mastered by Wolfgang Brammertz. The new CD-SINGLE also features a debut, SANDRA AJTNER: SAD SONG.
- Post Production on the Movie from August until October by Robert Biermann (Biermann & Wegner Medienproduktion)
- October 7th RELEASE of MAD WORLD MOVIE(S) CD & MOVIE.
- October 14th DIGITAL FEED at Amazon, I-Tunes, Napster and others
- October 21th HAMMER KURZFILMNÄCHTE with MAD WORLD MOVIE
Listen to "First we take Manhattan" and "Mad World" 2017 on Soundcloud (Click on the logo).
Thank you for your continued support. Stay smart, healthy and tuned!